Family & Consumer Science department focuses on teaching students how to prepare nutritious food.
What is Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS)?
· FACS provides students with courses they can relate to and will empower them to be successful in the real world.
· Offering hands on, interactive learning opportunities to prepare them in becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, career, and community settings.
· Career and technical education electives to supplement student's academic course and prepare them for occupations in the areas of Hospitality and Human Services.
· All courses are aligned to the Colorado Department of Education standards in math; reading, writing, and communication; science; social studies; physical education and health.
· Catering I & II
· Peak Wellness and Nutrition
· International Meals
Student organization: Family, Career & Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)